Thursday, April 28, 2011

Butterflies in my Stomach

From my last post my mom has since left and The Nieces have come and gone like a little happy tornado and N and I are left with a feeling of empty nest.  We had a quick glimpse into what life might be like with 3 daughters, the laughter, the baking, the makeup, clothes and never ending pile of shoes!  Gotta say I liked it. and so did N :)

While they were here I felt my first flutter!  Its said that starting at week 15 the baby moves around more and although you can't feel kicks and such until week 20 or so (earlier for those who've been pregnant before) you might feel these flutters, sort of like a butterfly.  It was unmistakable.  I was driving and all of a sudden i felt this very fast vibration, like a caterpillar tapdancing on the left side of my belly.  My first thought was that my phone was on vibrate and on my lap. I looked down and saw that it wasn't and realized I actually felt the little cashew! It's the first time outside of getting to hear the baby's heartbeats or see the ultrasound that I can actually physically tell that the little monkey is in there!

We've sort of taken a break from thinking about all baby stuff outside of having agreed on joining some friends on a vacation in June.  What we like to call our Babymoon in honor of N's birthday and my sanity, a little vacation as it may be our last in quite some time. 

There's still names to think about, cribs and strollers to research, living wills to write up, decisions to be made about circumcision if its a boy, whether or not to save core blood, cloth or disposable diapers, Lamaze breathing or the Bradley Method or Belly Dancing, sleep training or attachment parenting (think i already know my answer on this one), when to start solids, when to wheen off binkies, preschool waiting lists, extra-ciricular activities, driver's ed, having The Talk, the prom, college applications, will we convert their room to an excercise room or billiards room..... 

like i said we're taking a break.  Happy 16th PreBirthweek, Cashew! 

2 comments:

  1. We have a crib if you want. Of course it's a drop-down, but much nicer quality than we would have bought for ourselves :) Also I have one of those covers for shopping carts - that'll come in handy when your little one is teething on germ-ridden cart handles. Oh, and some G-diapers if you want to try out an environmentally friendly option. We have to get together so I can give you stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely borrow my Baby Bargains books (like consumer reports for Baby items) if you would like!!! We used it to buy everything!!!

    ReplyDelete