Friday, April 8, 2011

The Mothership has landed

A strange clanging sound, whirling red and blue lights, a cloud of smoke.  A UFO?  Nope.  The #79 Carolinian Amtrak train approaching with my mother.  Now I can just hear some of you laughing a bit, knowing how my mom and I can get when you get us in a room together and how I might react to a visit.  But I'm telling you these pregnancy hormones change everything!  From the moment she showed up I've just felt better.

Don't get me wrong we still bicker, I still snap at her over little things when I know I shouldn't and of course still disagree just for the sake of disagreeing but that's just the way it will always be.  She's been hear less than 24 hours and you can now see my kitchen floors and counter tops.  We've lined the cabinets, packed away the pantry and unpacked 90% of the kitchen boxes.  If I were doing this by myself it would take a week.

But its more than just the help.  Maybe its those little fears and insecurities floating around in my head about being a mother, will I be any good? what if I have a daughter like me? am I ready for my world, my lifestyle to turn upside on its head?  With mom here, I can still be her little girl, the argumentative, whining teenager who knows that no matter what Mom will always be there to take care of me...and cook me yummy food.

I probably don't say it enough, but thanks Mom. loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment