Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Packing on the Pounds

Well more like the ounces.  At 17 weeks and 5 days doughboy weighs in at about 4 - 5oz, is the size of a baked potato (nom nom nom) and is beginning to store fat and hopefully plump up.  Because honestly what fun is a skinny mini - michelan man all the way!

Also those finger nails and toe nails are coming in which makes me fast forward to visits to certain aunties in NYC who will be introducing colors such as ballet slippers, poor li'l rich girl, or wicked, and when its okay to wear them.  If it's a boy, heck he can wear licorice.

WallofPacifiersAfter my doc's appt yesterday, i went to a nearby shopping center to check a few things out.  They happened to have a store called BuyBuyBaby, a place i'd heard of but never been into.  It is set up exactly as Bed Bath and Beyond, with the one exception that EVERYTHING is about babies. I started meandering up and down the aisles, mouth slightly agape by all the gadgets and gizmos.  A whole section devoted to baby-proofing your home.  In the next section a whole wall of pacifiers. YES pacifiers.  I continued to roam through their open displays of cribs and changing tables, bassinets, high chairs and car seats.  By the time i arrived to strollers my head was spinning and my bladder was ready to burst. 
As I calmly but quickly made my way to the restrooms, I came to two conclusions:
1. I didn't like anything in there AND
2. I would need a game plan if I was going to survive this.

So I went next door to the Five Below shop, picked up a bag of salt & vinegar potato chips (brain food, duh) and made my way home where I have proceeded to start my RESEARCH.

wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment