Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Siena turns 2 weeks today!  Part of me feels like time is going by so quickly and the other is like 'Really, just two weeks'?

One thing i'm sure of is that she's growing/changing every day.  We had her doc's appt on Tuesday and we're proud to announce she surpassed her hospital and birth weight is now weighing in at 6lbs and 1 oz :)  This means her cheeks have filled in a bit and soon we'll be switching out of the preemie gear into the newborn.

BFing is moving along - I'm still sore and at times find myself engorged (my boobs feel like i've got implants in made out of cement) but she's eating and I'm producing milk so we're on the right track.  Really the only thing that bothers her is the gas.  The doc says at this age newborns still haven't developed the right fauna of bacteria in their digestive tracks so they are EXTREMELY GASSY.  All those cute image where Siena is making a sour face - GAS.  The ones where she's smiling - PASSED GAS
Siena gassy Siena passing gas

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, you sweet beautiful little girl! Your smile (even if was gas-induced) just brought a huge smile to your Krissy Masi's face. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Siena! Found gripe water for $3 a bottle so let me know if you want me 2 get u any!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks M - I actually had my dad bring some from NJ. Not using it yet as she's too young but always good to have it ready :)

    ReplyDelete